AIDEN WAS BORN WITH SHONES COMPLEX/HLHS. (HALF OF HIS HEART WAS UNDERDEVELOPED) HE HAS HAD 2 OF THE 3 STAGE OPEN HEART SURGERIES THAT HE NEEDS. HIS LIFE EXPECTANCY IS UNKNOWN & ONE DAY HE MAY NEED A HEART TRANSPLANT. ALTHOUGH AIDEN HAS A BIG ROAD AHEAD OF HIM, HE IS DOING EXTRAORDINARILY WELL. WE ARE SO BLESSED & GRATEFUL TO HAVE HIM HERE WITH US.















Friday, September 4, 2009

19 months, just recovered from H1N1 Virus & still going strong...


Yes, you heard right! Our whole family, all 4 of us, had the Swine Flu, we were pretty sick. Our swab results came out positive for influenza A so they were sent out to be tested for H1N1. It takes 7-10 days to get the results so we didn't find out till this week that we tested positive for H1N1. Thankfully Aiden was started on Tamiflu immediately, you have to start it within 48 hours from when you first got sick, so he just got a touch of what the rest of us had. That stuff works great because he didn't get even half as sick as we did. My older son Darrion came home from school sick & that was it for the rest of us. The joys of having a child in school! We were very fortunate! Pretty scary stuff but things were just fine!

A few more pictures of our busy little bee...


Aiden & his cousin Zak who is 10 days younger than him

These boys aren't even 2 years old and Zak already wants to go after his cousin, oh no! :)

a little fun at the park

Aiden loves his "goggy"


and so does his big brother...(excuse the house...it's under construction)

4 comments:

allison said...

Carlla I've missed you!
I'm sorry to hear you had the dreaded H1N1, but honestly very relieved to hear how well Aiden did with it.
Abby started Kindergarten last week & has already been sick...it's gonna be a long winter.
Anyway, so glad to see an update!

Gina and the Gang said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!! I am so sorry your family has been sick, yet thankfully Aiden has calmed many fears by showing us that he is a rockstar dealing with this illness. He is the first Heart Baby with H1N1 that I know, which means I will learn through you!! Keep faith!!

Hua said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hua said...

Hello carlla,

I can't believe your whole family had the flu, I hope all of you are getting better! On the other hand, I am impressed by your blog on Aiden and his journey through heart health. I think you should have your voice heard by over 6 million monthly visitors who come to Wellsphere's website to seek information on a variety of health related topics. We would like to raise the awareness of children's health and heart health, and connect you and other people who are in similar situations. Through Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, you can engage with others to lend a helping hand for one another.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Hua

Director of Blogger Networks