AIDEN WAS BORN WITH SHONES COMPLEX/HLHS. (HALF OF HIS HEART WAS UNDERDEVELOPED) HE HAS HAD 2 OF THE 3 STAGE OPEN HEART SURGERIES THAT HE NEEDS. HIS LIFE EXPECTANCY IS UNKNOWN & ONE DAY HE MAY NEED A HEART TRANSPLANT. ALTHOUGH AIDEN HAS A BIG ROAD AHEAD OF HIM, HE IS DOING EXTRAORDINARILY WELL. WE ARE SO BLESSED & GRATEFUL TO HAVE HIM HERE WITH US.















Saturday, March 7, 2009

Aiden today....

Aiden has been sick for four days now. He has a nasty cough & cold with a low grade fever, on top of cutting his molars. We took him in to see his Doctor today, I think mostly because I needed a little reassurance (thank goodness they are open 1/2 day on Saturdays). This being our first cold/flu season, I get nervous when he has gotten sick (I wonder if that will ever go away). Dr. Billigmeier (Aiden's new Pediatrician) was great about it. He says his lungs sound clear & he gave me some pretty good ideas on some different things to do to help with his symptoms. Although Aiden has had a flu type of virus this season, it is his first cough/cold. So far, he has handled all of it very well.
Unfortunately we had to miss Zoo Day today. We were looking forward to meeting some new people from the group, but there is always next time!


On a different note...here are few things Aiden is doing at 13 months old:

  • walking
  • weaned off of formula
  • has been completely weaned off of the bottle (strictly on his sippy cup)
  • clearly says his brothers name "Darrion" which is a very difficult name to say
  • says about 10 words "uh uh" as he shakes his head (meaning NO) he uses most, right next to "momma"
  • is a dancing maniac
  • has 9 teeth (molar #2 is getting ready to cut through)
  • doesn't like when mommy walks out of the room (no matter who else is there)
  • still loves his binky

4 comments:

allison said...

I'm sorry you missed the zoo today, it was a really nice day! But if Josh was feeling bad we wouldn't have made it either. There will be plenty more oppertunities to meet up with the group!
Hope he starts feeling better soon.
I loved reading his 13 month accomplishments...very cool!!!

Gina and the Gang said...

Hey there. Thank you for your post on our blog for Casey. Your little Aiden is amazingly cute...I have a 19 month-old who would be very interested in him!!!

I hope to meet you soon. In the meantime, I'll be checking in on you!
Gina

Unknown said...

Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon.

Carlla said...

Allison,
We were a little bummed! There is always Max's Miracle Ranch. We are really looking forward to that!
Aiden is still the same pretty much...I'd say not really better, but not worse either.
I hope it goes away soon! I may be giving his Card a call soon. we'll see.
I'm glad you guys had a nice day at the zoo! The weather was beautiful!