AIDEN WAS BORN WITH SHONES COMPLEX/HLHS. (HALF OF HIS HEART WAS UNDERDEVELOPED) HE HAS HAD 2 OF THE 3 STAGE OPEN HEART SURGERIES THAT HE NEEDS. HIS LIFE EXPECTANCY IS UNKNOWN & ONE DAY HE MAY NEED A HEART TRANSPLANT. ALTHOUGH AIDEN HAS A BIG ROAD AHEAD OF HIM, HE IS DOING EXTRAORDINARILY WELL. WE ARE SO BLESSED & GRATEFUL TO HAVE HIM HERE WITH US.















Friday, March 27, 2009

Double whammy...

First thing this morning, Aiden had his monthly RSV shot. He is to the point now that he recognizes the girl that always gives him the shots & is not happy when he sees her, even if it's just at a distance in the hall. He gets one shot in each leg & gets the shots every 28 days. I really hate taking him to get them, but I know, it is for his own good & it's better than the alternative. We have only April left & then we are free for about 6-7 months!


The last couple of times we have gone I have found that some of his favorite snacks make him happy right away. Today he got his very first sucker...EVER, right after his shot...and boy did he love that sucker!


(once it got too small & breakable, imagine the fit we had when I had to take it away)

Directly after his shot today, Aiden also had a follow up appointment with his Pediatrician. He saw the Dr. on Wednesday for this virus he's caught. They took his 02 sats which were normal & sent him for an x-ray which came out clear. I hated having to take him in right after his shot, but they wanted to follow up today to make sure he wasn't any worse. The Dr says he was about the same, maybe a little better & his 02 sats were good. He has not gained any weight this past month. In fact, he lost just a little, 3.5 ounces. They said it is normal & not too worry since he has been sick twice this month & has pretty much been cutting molars all month too. I think he seems a little better. His cough is gone, his color has been good & he is still pretty much himself.

After killing the hour in between appointments running a couple of errands, by the time we saw the pediatrician, it was lunchtime & Aiden was pretty ready to go home.
I managed to coax Aiden to sit still for just a few moments with his banana still on the peel (believe me...that is nearly impossible to do these days)




he just loves his snacks especially his "nanas"


2 comments:

Gina and the Gang said...

What a trooper! Casey also had his very first lollipop around the same age...for the very same reason!!! Now his pediatrician keeps them in his pocket when he comes in the room(the office has sugar-free ones!) Sounds like all is going fairly well...

allison said...

For some reason I'm just reading this post (a week after the fact:)...Josh got his final RSV shots last week, whooohooooo!!!! I think it may be worse for me than him. I HATE taking him to get that stupid shot! I know he needs it, but I dread it every month! He knows the nurse too & starts saying "Owie, owie, owie" as soon as we walk in her room. It breaks my heart. Thank heaven for spring & the end of cold/flu season!
Hope Aiden is all better by now!